Stoneywood Care Services has positively transformed hundreds of lives over the years since it was first established in June 1991.
As a specialised support service we recognise the need to provide a person centred support around an individual. We work with a broad range of individuals who may have a learning difficulty, mental health or a complex social support need. We have the ability, through our trained staff, to engage and adapt our service to successfully meet the persons need.
At Stoneywood we work in partnership with Social Work, Education, Health, Employment and Housing partners. We also involve and engage ordinary local people such as community schools, local business and community voluntary organisations.
We believe that people who require support can be enabled to achieve their potential.
Moving on/Moving in
We believe that moving into a residential house can be the start of a journey, not the end. We actively encourage people to learn new skills for living in the community, giving them the confidence to move on life. Where appropriate we provide advice and assistance to support people to successfully maintain a home of their own.
We provide advice and assistance with the following:
- Finding an appropriate tenancy.
- Moving home.
- Tenancy agreement arrangements.
- Setting up gas, electricity, telephone connections.
- Furnishing and decorating the accommodation.
- Community grants applications.
- Risk Assessment, Home Safety, Home Living Skills/Environment.
- Maintaining a tenancy agreement.
- Maintaining safety and security.
- Identifying and actioning any home repairs.
- Dealing with neighbour disputes.
- Dealing with landlord issues.
This gives people every opportunity to succeed in their own home.